At Long Hill Chapel, our view of Mission is best expressed in this two-fold process: God at work in us and God at work through us. It is our belief and practice that followers of Jesus act on the free gift of salvation we’ve received by going, praying for or supporting the work of mission in the world. This we do in fulfillment of the Great Commandment (Mark 12:28-34), and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20).
God at work in us
As we submit every area of our lives to Jesus, our thoughts (2 Cor. 10:5), our emotions (Gal 5:22-23), our physical needs (Matt 6:24-34), and focus our hearts on Jesus, we allow our desires to be knit to those of the Father’s. We are transformed into the Son’s image by giving all for Jesus!
God at work through us
A.B. Simpson emphasized that heart transformation will ultimately result in mission: receiving power from God has a purpose that goes far beyond personal change. It means changing the world. Acts 1:8 says we receive power in order to be His witnesses in our immediate spheres (Jerusalem), in our broader community (Judea), in places foreign to us (Samaria), and even to the entire world. The power we receive from on high is to be used all for Jesus!
About the Great Commission
Unlike other organizations, The Christian and Missionary Alliance does not require its missionaries to raise their own support. Instead, missionaries and their ministries are financed through what we call The Great Commission Fund (GCF). C&MA church members and friends give to this fund regularly.
Your gift to The Great Commission Fund makes a difference
- Support a team of more than 800 dedicated missionaries sent out by our Alliance churches in the United States.
- Provide health care in places like Gabon where the Bongolo Evangelical Hospital treats more than 30,000 patients annually, and hundreds receive Christ as their Savior.
- Partner in reaching Muslims, Buddhists, animists, and Hindus for Christ.
- Train future church leaders worldwide.
- Give food, provisions, and hope to victims of war, famine, and natural disasters.
- Supply grants for new churches being launched within the United States.
- Bring the message to Unreached People Groups.
you can support The Great Commission Fund
Faith Promise Cards are distributed during missions conference and contributions can be made at anytime throughout the year by marking “Great Commission Fund” on an offering envelope and placing it in the offering.